Thursday, October 05, 2006

Breast Cancer Awareness Month

October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month. Perhaps the best known advocacy group is the Susan B. Komen Foundation.

The Foundation has 22 corporate partners that form the Million Dollar Council in which each donates at least $1 million toward the goal of spreading awareness that early detection saves lives and we will find a cure only through research.

One partner is American Airlines which has supported the cause since 1992. As a retiree, I am proud.

I am one of millions of women who need a daily dose of chocolate, so I am pleased to see
M&Ms on the list. There are always M&Ms in my candy dish. The company has several ways for you to participate this month including buying pink M&Ms.

My aunt Katie was diagnosed several years ago and her cancer spread beyond her breasts. On my desk is the pink ribbon I wore to Katie's memorial service. This is important. Really.

technorati tags: , , , ,


No comments: