Saturday, December 17, 2005

Truth & Beauty

I found a blog post worth reading. Baraka tells of her experience with multiple sclerosis that closely paralleled my own feelings when I accepted my disability as permanent. Permanence is an easy fact to deny with MS because it may remit to normalcy. The article illustrates to other MSers that we are not alone in dealing with our unpredictable, on again-off again disease. It is helpful for care-givers and family members as well. Not all of us can find the words to tell the story so eloquently.

Thank you for sharing your insight. The post, titled Intersections, is dated December 11 http://rickshawdiaries.blogspot.com/.

1 comment:

Baraka said...

Hi Vicki,

I'm so glad you found something that you could connect to in my post. I was diagnosed three years ago & it's been quite a roller coaster ride.

Have you read "Life on Cripple Creek: Essays on Living with MS" by Dean Kramer? I loved the book, written with lots of humor, & a great gift to loved ones to help them understand the disease in a non-threatening way.

I would love to hear more about your experiences...this is all still very new to me in many ways.

May you be well & content.

Peace,
Baraka