Sunday, January 11, 2009

I Vow -- Do You?

Today I saw Deepak Chopra, founder of The Chopra Center for Wellbeing, on The Ellen DeGeneres Show (I tape them so I am usually a few days late to see the episodes). The Chopra Center for Wellbeing offers programs for physical healing, emotional freedom, and higher states of consciousness, and Chopra has an active schedule speaking around the world. He announced a new goal.

Deepak Chopra is trying to get 100 million people to take a "vow of non-violence in their words and in their deeds."

He said if one person vowed, the world would be "peaceful by one more person." His goal is 100 million people. That many people would change the world. He got me.

That's one.

Technorati technorati tags: , , , , ,


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can vow to not begin with violence in my deeds but unfortunately in the world we live sometimes violent actions require a response that may be violent. Such as defending yourself, family or country. Therefore I do not see that this vow can be accomplished unless you get more than 6.75 billion people to make the same vow and mean it. Otherwise you have those who either defend themselves and break the vow or those who refuse to break the vow and fail to protect themselves. In a perfect world it would work but we do not live in a perfect world and we can not pretend that we do.