Tuesday, November 07, 2006

MMMmmmmmmmmmmm

You know what today is -- yes, it is election day, but it is also so much more than that! Today is National Bittersweet Chocolate without Almonds Day.

I don't know if there is a bittersweet chocolate WITH almonds day, or if almonds are just left out all together, but today is a celebration of bittersweet chocolate with no sign of almonds. Now, what should we do? I know -- let's make something!

Cookies are always a favorite, especially with me. In Spain, a popular after-school treat is bittersweet chocolate on toast. Add a couple of ingredients for a snack most adults like (I like the kids' version). Gourmet Magazine offers a hot chocolate recipe. What about the contrast of bittersweet chocolate with grapefruit in Chocolate Grapefruit Peel?

Today is National Bittersweet Chocolate without Almonds Day. Enjoy! And I won't tell if an almond accidentally slips in.

technorati tags: , , ,


No comments: