Monday, June 05, 2006

Boys Playing Ball

Going through some old pictures, I found quite a few of my boys playing ball. Most of them were on socceer teams although there was a brief stint in YMCA basketball.

James played for several years in Dallas before his team in Grand Prairie won the championship.



David started in Grand Prairie. We moved to Flower Mound where his team was in last place for a few years, but he kept playing. Good for him. Then a new coach -- Mick -- who had played on the Magpies in England turned the team around. They became the champions every year!

Soccer. Fun for all ages.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think it's amazing how much pleasure I get from looking a pictures of people I've never met and will, in all probability, never meet. Kids having fun playing ball must be the universal sign for all is well with the world. I remember my significant other's son playing T-ball when he was 4 or 5 year old -- he played with the dirt, bugs, sticks. You could hear his coach yelling "Curtis! Heads up!" To no avail dirt, bugs, and sticks won out every time!

AZCG

Vicki said...

Anonymous, dirt and bugs often came home with us, too. But I guess that's just part of the old ball game. I enjoyed their younger playing days the most when they may not have been winning, but they still had hopeful enthusiasm. It was sweet.